Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 4 - Xmas Challenge

Today was almost a write-off with the children sick from the night before. In the morning they seemed a bit better, but by then I'd had to forego the drive to Boane and then cycle to Goba and back. That would have been a nice 100km job with 10 km of nice steep tough climbing in the middle, and Pedreira hill on the return leg is one last sting for the legs before heading home to Boane. But it was not to be... Still I managed to grab the bike after lunch and launch myself at one of our local Maputo training hills, the Viaduto. 18 ramps and 40km later and I'm feeling a little less guilty for all the food I've eaten and the missed Goba trip in the morning. Cuts down a bit on my deficit, which now stands at 380km, or 95km per day. Will be tough, but I've got some time next week...

Garmin data

No comments:

Post a Comment